Friday, July 17, 2015

Art Institute

One of the (very quick) stops we made while in Chicago was a trip to the Art Institute. Peter's mom has a lifelong membership which means that we get in for free which is always nice. Every time I've visited, we've only stopped at the Art Institute for a very short amount of time... I think in my next visit I want to take a little more time.

In the under an hour we were there, I wandered around the modern wing for about half and then went to see the Degas exhibit they had up, along with a few stops along the way. It is such a lovely museum and I love how the architecture of the building changes throughout, fitting with the artwork.

Anyways, here are some snaps I captured of the pieces that made me stop and look along the way.



1. Me posing with George Washington, by Roy Lichtenstein
2. Circus Horse, by Joan MirĂ³
3. The Bedroom, by Vincent VanGogh
4. The Star, by Edgar Degas
5. Water Lily Pond, by Claude Monet
6. A Sunday La Grande Jatte, by Georges Seurat


2 comments :

  1. I love the Art Institute. It's such an elegant museum. I only went once, but it made a big impression on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Art Institute. It's such an elegant museum. I only went once, but it made a big impression on me.

    ReplyDelete